Asia-Pacific Stats Cafe series: Improving economic indicators with big data
The 23rd Asia-Pacific Stats Café: Improving economic indicators with big data was held on Monday, 30 November 2020, 14:00-15:00 p.m. (Bangkok time, GMT+7).
About the session
This session explored how the NSOs use big data and data science in the production and improvement of economic indicators (i.e., scanner data and web scraping for the CPI) and how they develop data partnerships with the private sector.
- Welcome remarks: Tanja Sejersen, Statistician, Statistics Division, UN ESCAP
- Mazliana Mustapa, Principal Assistant Director, Department of Statistics, Malaysia
- Gary Dunnet, Deputy Chief Methodologist, Statistics New Zealand
- Tom Smith, Director, Data Science Campus, UK Office for National Statistics
- Moderator: Irina Bernal, Consultant, UN ESCAP
>> See others Asia-Pacific Stats Café series